Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rice Krispies

Few days ago when I had conversation with a friend of mine about sweet treats we used to eat as a kid. Rice krispies came up in the conversation and it makes me want to have some. I can't remember when was the last time I had rice krispies, must be ages ago. Anyway, went to Kellog's website and found the simple, delicious, yet sinful recipe. It's so easy to make, even a 5 year old can make it.

I added vanilla in the marshmallow mixture to add the nice vanilla smell that I love.

Rice Krispies Treats

3 tbsp butter
10 oz marshmallows
6 cups rice krispies
*1 tbsp pure vanilla extract (optional)

1. In a saucepan, melt butter and marshmallow on low heat. Add rice krispies and mix well. Put the mixture inside a square pan lined with parchment paper. Press tightly into the pan and let cool for 30 minutes.
2. Cut into bars and enjoy :)

You can add nuts, chocolate chips, syrup or whatever topping you like into the mixture. I'm thinking of adding M&Ms next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment